Church of St.Nicholaos 'tou Molou' (of the shore)
In Solomos Square stands the church of St.Nicholaos 'tou Molou'. It is a building of exceptional historical significance as it is the only Venetian building that survived the earthquake and fire of 1953. It was here that Saint Dionysios, the patron saint of the island, served as a priest, making it even more important in the eyes of the locals. The stone church is the oldest building in Solomos Square. It was built back in 1951 by the guild of sailors and was originally built on a small island that was connected to the mainland by a bridge. Outside it is covered with stone and the belfry which previously housed the port lighthouse has been restored.